Digital Fabricators are responsible for running Digital Design and Fabrication projects across all Otherworld locations. They will work under the Fabrication Director to create 3D models and build plans, and collaborate with and oversee the work of machine operators and assemblers to turn concept drawings into finish-ready products.
This job starts now. Regular travel is required.
- Collaborate with the design team to create 3D models
- Ensure proper fabrication of 3D models by operating, or collaborating with operators of CNCs, Hotwire, and 3D printers
- Collaborate with Assembly Leads responsible for preassembly, packaging, and onsite assembly
- Coordinate with the Project Directors on timelines, deliverables, shipping, and onsite assembly
- Submit plans and regular reports for approval by Fabrication Director
- 5+ years of large-scale digital design and fabrication experience in arts, festivals or themed entertainment
- Experience collaborating with fabricators, architects, and engineers
- Must be proficient in CAD and CAM softwares like Aspire, Rhino 3D including Grasshopper, ZBrush
- Should have experience operating hot wire, 4 axis CNC, 3 Axis CNC, Filament 3D Printers, Resign 3D Printers
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Pay: submit with application
Benefits: healthcare, two weeks paid time off
Hours: 40+ per week