REPORTS TO: General Manager, Otherworld
We are seeking an experienced and well-rounded, full-time candidate eager to join our organization. You will be responsible for playing a key role in the launch and management of Otherworld. We are looking for someone with a passion for creating and maintaining cutting edge technological and scenic experiences for guests as well as strong supervisory experience. This role will be focused on managing the team of technicians and artists operating and maintaining the exhibition day-in and day-out, supporting special events, and contributing to new exhibit installations. This role is responsible for ensuring the execution and project management of all repairs and preventative maintenance of all exhibit technology, scenic art, props, and textiles, as well as implementing improvements to evolve and improve the overall experience.
To be successful in this role, you should be a creative problem solver with great attention to detail, thoughtful leader, and a confident decision-maker, helping our staff develop, while ensuring Otherworld achieves its creative and technical goals at Otherworld. The Exhibit Manager will play a key role on the leadership team working together with the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Operations Manager and Sales Manager. The Exhibit Manager will oversee a team including a technical lead, production technicians, textile lead, production artists and third-party contractors under exhibit service agreements.
Artistic and Technical Repairs and Maintenance
· Ensure flawless presentation and cleanliness. Ensure that the exhibit spaces are looking and sounding pristine and functioning properly each day, before and during operation.
· Execute and ensure exhibit team conducts daily inspections and reporting, creation, and adherence to preventive maintenance schedules, managing parts inventory and software backups.
· Instruct on best practices, standard operating procedures, troubleshooting techniques, programming, and safety related work practices as well as following the documentation of custom interactive artwork, scenic art, props, and textile installations.
· Ensure functionality of sensors, micro-controllers, computers, lights, sound, video, projectors, pixel LEDs and various electromechanical elements that are part of the exhibition.
· Assign and train technicians and artists to manage repairs. They perform repairs to maintain functionality in the exhibit spaces during open hours, communicating status of repair to appropriate parties.
· Oversee scope of work for all exhibit repairs and track accordingly.
· Oversee the purchase, use and care of all technical equipment and supplies.
· Respond to emergency calls for all exhibit or building emergencies.
· Develop and ensure routine inspections for checking all technical equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
· Assisting the hiring team with interviewing technicians and artists reflecting the company’s standards.
· Training – ensure staff understand job responsibilities and has required skill and knowledge to perform according to company standards.
· General staff management including performance reviews.
· Scheduling technical and textile supervisors and ensuring that their teams maintain at minimum a two week look ahead schedule.
· Facility Maintenance – ensure all exhibits, systems and infrastructure are in good working condition, clean, and present a professional image in conjunction with operations and sales departments.
· Supplies – ensure all necessary artistic and tech supplies are stocked and available to repair and replace faulty exhibit elements as needed.
· Ensure company procedures are carried out for opening and closing the exhibit.
· Complete all internal paperwork on a timely and quality basis.
· Maintain frequent communication with General Manager regarding overall exhibit operations, needs, concerns, and customer feedback.
· Collaborate with creative teams from both Otherworld and TFEG Corporate teams to develop new exhibit installations and enhancements.
· Inspire and ensure artists and technicians are meeting company standards and striving to produce high quality and cutting-edge interactive exhibits.
· Visit industry attractions for R&D, inspiration, and consistent improvement of best practices within the interactive and immersive entertainment industry.
· 5+ years of Management experience working in an interactive exhibit, theme park, live event, concert venue, museum, haunted house, or gallery environment.
· Extensive knowledge of emerging technology, entertainment technology, electrical engineering, or audio visual trades.
· Strong knowledge and experience working with scenic art, props, and textiles.
· Strong inter-personal skills and possession of a full understanding of professional business ethics, decorum, and social skills.
· Ability to delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
· Experience managing emergency situations.
· Excellent organization skills, manages time well, correctly prioritizes and is flexible.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and late nights.
· A positive, can-do attitude required.
· Ability to adapt toa fast-paced work environment.
· Must pass company background screen and reference check.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Competitive Salary
· Health Coverage
· Possible relocation assistance
· Professional development opportunities such as membership in professional associations, conferences, and conventions