REPORTS TO: Exhibit Manager, Otherworld Philadelphia
We are seeking an experienced and well-rounded, full-time candidate eager to join our organization. You will be responsible for playing a key role in the launch and maintenance of Otherworld Philadelphia. We are looking for someone with a passion for creating and maintaining cutting edge technological experiences for guests as well as strong supervisory experience. This role will be focused on supervising the team of technicians operating and maintaining the exhibition day-in and day-out, supporting special events, and contributing to new exhibit installations. This role will assist the Exhibit Manager in ensuring the execution and project management of all repairs and preventative maintenance of all exhibit technology as well as implementing improvements to evolve and improve the overall experience.
To be successful in this role, you should be a creative problem solver, thoughtful leader, and a confident decision-maker, helping our staff develop, while ensuring Otherworld and Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group achieve their technical goals at Otherworld Philadelphia. The Lead Technician will report to the Exhibit Manager, and work side by side with the Props & Textiles Lead to ensure a seamless guest experience incorporating both technology and art. The Lead Technician will over see a team including a production technicians and third-party contractors under exhibit service agreements.
Technical Repairs and Maintenance
· Ensure flawless presentation and cleanliness. Ensure that the exhibit spaces are looking and sounding pristine and functioning properly each day, before and during operation.
· Execute and ensure exhibit team conducts daily inspections and reporting, creation, and adherence to preventive maintenance schedules, managing parts inventory and software backups.
· Instruct on best practices, standard operating procedures, troubleshooting techniques, programming, and safety related work practices.
· Ensure functionality of sensors, micro-controllers, computers, lights, sound, video, projectors, pixel LEDs and various electromechanical elements that are part of the exhibition.
· Assign and train technicians to manage repairs. They perform repairs to maintain functionality in the exhibit spaces during open hours, communicating status of repair to appropriate parties.
· Work closely with Exhibit Manager to oversee scope of work for all exhibit repairs and track accordingly.
· Assist with purchasing, use and care of all technical equipment and supplies.
· Respond to emergency calls for all exhibit or building emergencies.
· Develop and ensure routine inspections for checking all technical equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
· Assisting the hiring team with interviewing technicians reflecting the company’s standards.
· Training – ensure staff understand job responsibilities and has required skill and knowledge to perform according to company standards.
· General staff supervision
· Scheduling production technicians maintaining a minimum of two week look ahead schedule.
· Facility Maintenance – ensure all exhibits, systems and infrastructure are in good working condition, clean, and present a professional image in conjunction with operations and sales departments.
· Supplies – ensure all necessary tech supplies are stocked and available to repair and replace faulty exhibit elements as needed.
· Ensure company procedures are carried out for opening and closing the exhibit.
· Complete all internal paperwork on a timely and quality basis.
· Collaborate with Exhibit Manager and Textiles & Props Lead to develop new exhibit installations and enhancements.
· Inspire and ensure technicians are meeting company standards and striving to produce high quality and cutting-edge interactive exhibits.
· Play a unique technical role on the leadership team of the venue, always pushing the envelope to think about how we can improve and enhance Otherworld Philadelphia
· 3+ years of Supervisory experience working in an interactive exhibit, theme park, live event, concert venue, museum, haunted house, or gallery environment.
· Extensive knowledge of emerging technology, entertainment technology, electrical engineering, or audio-visual trades.
· Strong knowledge and experience working with sensors, micro-controllers, computers, lights, sound, video, projectors, pixel LEDs and various electromechanical elements.
· Strong interpersonal skills, professional decorum, and social skills.
· Ability to delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
· Excellent organization skills, manages time well, correctly prioritizes and is flexible.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and late nights.
· A positive, can-do attitude required.
· Ability to adapt toa fast-paced work environment.
· Must pass company background screen and reference check.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Competitive Salary
· Health Coverage
· Professional development opportunities such as membership in professional associations, conferences, and conventions